According to the 4Q/2013 results press release Veeco book first Prototype System for FAST-ALD™
"while not included in reported fourth quarter bookings, we received a purchase order from the world leader in mobile OLED displays for a next generation Fast Array Scanning Atomic Layer Deposition (FAST-ALD™) prototype system."
- See more at: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=111487&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1901454#sthash.mi25oBRj.dpuf
Recent information has become availabel that the system is heading to Samsung "Veeco sold a FAST-ALD flexible OLED encapsulation prototype system to Samsung". Who else could it bee since Samsung has 95% of that market? It is also in lign with previous reports on Synos Technology working with Samsung for Flexible OLED encapsulation.
Check out the cool animated video below to understan more about FAST-ALD a.k.a. Spatial ALD. Further reading on this technology you can find on the Veeco page for FAST-ALD : http://www.veeco.com/promos/fast-ald.aspx, where the key benefits are listed as:
- Ultra-fast ALD process with continuous substrate scan Large substrate scalability without losing process throughput
- Excellent uniformity with closed loop linear reactor design
- Low CoO with high efficient gas-solid reaction process
- Simultaneous In-line multi-process capability
Other companies that are developing or producing Spatial ALD Equipmet: